Who do I work with?
I enjoy working with adults of all age ranges from various walks of life. Most people I have worked well with tend to be motivated individuals who are open to an insight-based form of psychotherapy.
How often do we meet?
Sessions take place 1 to 2 times per week. Meeting consistently on a weekly basis tends to lead to bigger insight and change in therapy. Length of treatment time varies based on each person’s own progress and particular needs. Sessions are 50 minutes long.
What is my approach to therapy?
My treatment approach mainly focuses on psychodynamic psychotherapy , though I may use other methods as well, such as mindfulness-based stress reduction, cognitive behavioral therapy, and family systems therapy.
My style is down to earth, interactive, and insightful, with a focus on clearly explaining psychological complexities in a way that is practical and useful to you. In each session, I will ask you specific questions, provide you with my clinical interpretations, and give you honest feedback.
What can I look to get out of ongoing psychotherapy sessions?
- Learn how to effectively manage your emotions & change your reactions to stressful situations
- Work on resolving repeated disappointments, self-sabotage, and unwanted behaviors
- Get a better hold of obsessive behaviors and thoughts
- Explore ways to glean more meaning and purpose in your life
- Better understand how your past experiences shape your current reality
- Learn how to realistically handle difficult family dynamics
“I am a firm believer that truth can be spoken without abuse. And when that can not happen it’s no longer about the truth. It’s about abuse. Truth that hurts isn’t truth, it’s abuse.”
-Dr. Ramani Durvasula